Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My eyelid has been twitching for 3 days straight. What is wrong with me?

its getting annoying.



Everyone above who answered is basically right but I'll answer just to give the syndrome a name. This is "eyelid myokymia" and it is almost always benign. It is often brought on by fatigue, stress, lack of sleep, anxiety, or caffeine.





If you Google eyelid myokymia you will get much more info.





Edit: Dani - you should Google "benign fasciculations". Its different than the above but its causes may be similar.




Eye twitches are usually caused by eyestrain or tiredness. Try to relieve stress as much as possible. Also, twitching can be caused by too much caffeine. If you've been drinking a lot of coffee or soda, cut back and see if it helps.




Geez! Tell me about it! My arm, near where my elbow is, has been twitching all day! It's starting to get on my nerves.




stress can cause that type of symptom

No comments:

Post a Comment